Monday, June 14, 2010

Ted and Donna's 50th Wedding Anniversary

My grandparents, Ted and Donna, just had their 50th wedding anniversary on June 9. To celebrate, we threw them a lovely party and invited all their family and friends.

Back in 1960, when my grandparents were married, their wedding color was pink, so I made sure that all the flowers were pink and accented with green, hoping to bring a garden theme to the room.



Melissa of Tickled Pink Floral helped me with the centerpieces and all the other flowers. They looked fantastic! They were elegant in their simplicity.



We brought in the black arch to showcase the cake. I put champagne colored organza and a sprinkling of pink roses on the arch. My dad did a wonderful job baking the cake and making it structurally strong. Melissa and I then decorated the cake with ribbon, flowers, and edible pearls. Not bad for amateurs :).







I think the event turned out really nicely. Here's to another 50 years Grandma and Grandpa! ;)

No comments: